A classic recipe for the perfect cream cheese frosting, taken from Peggy Porschen's book 'Love Layer Cakes', published by Quadrille £20.
Makes 1.125kg cream-cheese frosting.
You will need
Content continues after advertisements
- 250g full-fat cream cheese, softened slightly
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 625g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Place the butter and a third of the sugar in a separate bowl and cream until very pale and fluffy. Add another third of the sugar and repeat.
- Add the remaining sugar and beat again, scraping the sides of the bowl to ensure no lumps remain. Add the cream cheese, a little at a time, and mix at low speed until combined.
- Chill until firm enough to spread or pipe.
- Cream-cheese frosting will keep for up to two weeks in the fridge.