Get set... bake! Marie Curie's Blooming Great Tea Party is almost upon us.To help us prepare, Suzy Pelta - winner of Lorraine's Cake Club - is on-hand to share het top tips for creating and hosting the perfect tea party. Over to you, Suzy!
“I’m delighted to say that Marie Curie asked me to create the official cake for the charity’s 2018 Blooming Great Tea Party campaign ,” says Suzy. “Throwing a tea party is a really fun way to get together with friends. When you make it a Blooming Great Tea Party and support Marie Curie, every pound you raise helps care for people affected by terminal illness. Here are my top tips to make your party a blooming great success...”
- Check out Marie Curie’s website for great celebrity baking ideas from Tom Kerridge, Prue Leith and more.
- Traybakes are perfect. You can get lots of slices from one bake, just don’t forget to price each slice for maximum donations.
- Focus on making two or three bakes that you’re confident with, and if you want to take a cheeky shortcut then you can buy a couple of shop-bought cakes and ice them at home with the children – I won’t tell anyone!
- Always over cater. At the end of my party I sell off any extras to raise even more money for Marie Curie.
- Inspire others by sharing your own tips and creations on the Blooming Great Tea Party Facebook event page and send in photos of your party.
- Here’s one from Blooming Great Tea Party super-fan, Mel Giedroyc, “Invite more people than you can possibly fit into your house. They will squeeze, don’t worry. For cake, people will do anything.”
We're counting on your cuppa this June. Bake up a storm and show your support for people affected by terminal illness. Go to mariecurie.org. uk/teaparty.