This glitter bauble cake is beautiful and really simple to achieve. You can even add some extra decoration to personalise your bauble!Transform a spherical cake into a golden glittering bauble with this tutorial by Cake Décor.
Glitter bauble cake
You will needFor the cake
- 1 x 14cm (5in) spherical cake
- Cake Décor White Choco Writer
- Cake Décor Gold Glitter Spray
- 850g (1lb 13oz) sugarpaste
- 250g (9oz) buttercream
- edible glue
- cake board
- palette knife
- a sheet of paper
- Attach the cake to your cake board using some buttercream.
- Cover your cake in a crumb coat of buttercream.
- Roll out your sugarpaste and cover your spherical cake, smoothing down as much as possible.
- Optional: Roll out your excess sugarpaste and use a patterned rolling pin to create a material effect for the cake board.
- Spread the edible glue on the cake board, then place on the patterned sugarpaste, using a palette knife to trim the edges.
- Roll the leftover sugarpaste into a small cube and a small thin tube. Bend this tube and use edible glue to attach it to the cube to create the top of the bauble.
- Melt a Cake Décor White Choco Writer in a jug of boiling water. Carefully remove from the water and knead the tube to check all the chocolate is melted. If not, return to the jug and repeat until ready to use.
- Once the Choco Writer is melted, remove the cap and snip off the edge of the nozzle. Start to create the pattern on the bauble cake – we went for a starburst coming from the top of the bauble.
- While your first Choco Writer decoration is setting, create a circle using your White Choco Writer at the top and use this to attach your bauble top created in Step 6.
- Go back to your starburst decoration and start to dot Choco Writer underneath the main star burst; these may run a little so go slowly and space them out.
- Take your sheet of paper and cut out a circle in the middle. Place this around your cake to protect your sugarpaste on your cake board. Take your Cake Décor Gold Glitter Spray and cover your bauble in glitter, building up to create the desired finish.
- Remove your sheet of paper and present your bauble cake!
Content continues after advertisements