This bold Mr and Mrs wedding cake by FMM Sugarcraft will save you time and hassle. No cutting out individual letters as it uses just one cutter to achieve perfectly polished curved words.
You will need:
For the cakes:
- 3-tier cake 10cm (4in), 15cm (6in), 20cm (8in)
- top, bottom tier & board covered in white, middle tier covered in black
- royal icing
- pearl sugar balls
- diamante chains
- white modelling paste
- black paste mix of 50/50 modelling paste & flower paste equipment
- Fmm Mr & Mrs curved word cutter
- Fmm easiest carnation cutter
- Fmm tiara cutter
- Fmm multi-ribbon cutter
- Fmm blossom set of 3
- Fmm firm foam former pad
- Fmm knife & scriber tool
- Fmm dab-a-dust (if required)
- Fmm water pen
- Fmm piping bag
- Fmm piping nozzle No.2
- non-stick mat
- non-stick rolling pin
- small cel pin
- 20cm (8in) round polystyrene dummy
- homemade template for jacket lapel
- homemade triangle template
- Roll out white modelling paste to approximately 2-3mm thick. Place the larger of the easiest carnation cutters on top and cut out the shape.
- Cut the shape in half horizontally. Place on the firm foam former pad and use the cel pin to frill the edges. Leave on the pad and allow to become firmer and easier to handle. Repeat this process 10 times.
- Wet the top section of the bottom tier of the cake using the water pen. Starting at the top in the centre attach the first ruffle strip.
- Continue this around the top of the tier, moving down to the next row until you have used up all the pieces already prepared. Once they have all been attached, repeat these steps again until the whole of the bottom tier is covered in ruffles.
- Roll out the black modelling/flower paste and cut out the Mr & Mrs curved word inscription. Shape the inscription by drying on the side of an 20cm (8in) round polystyrene dummy.
- Once completely dry (24-48 hours), attach to the board in front of the bottom ruffled tier with water and support discreetly with a small amount of royal icing behind the letters.
- Measure the height of the cake and make a triangle template. Roll out white modelling paste and cut out a triangle. Attach to the centre section of the middle tier with water.
- Make a template for the jacket lapel. Roll out the black modelling/flower paste. Place the homemade template for the jacket lapel on top and cut out the shape twice. One for the right and one for the left. Attach each side of the white triangle with water.
- Roll out the black modelling paste and make a bow using the multi ribbon tool, referring to the tool product sheet for instructions.
- Attach the bow with water. Secure a diamante chain around the bottom of the middle tier.
- Roll out the white modelling paste. Cut out medium and large size blossoms. Attach with water. Secure a sugar ball in the centre of each blossom with water.
- Roll out the black modelling/flower paste. Cut out a mini tiara, then shape and allow to dry over a rolling pin. Attach to the cake with water.
- Secure a diamante chain around the bottom of the top tier, to finish.