A recipe that combines cupcakes AND doughnuts? Yes please!Shared with us by Cake Décor, this recipe is super-simple, and creates treats that are perfectly proportioned - and are sure to impress at any upcoming bake sale! Ingredients:
- A batch of freshly baked chocolate cupcakes
- Cake Décor Milk Choco Writer
- A selection of bright sprinkles (we chose multi-coloured hundreds & thousands and strands to decorate our doughnuts)
- Vanilla buttercream
- Mini doughnuts
- Piping bag
- Large round nozzle
- Measuring jug/large glass
- Spoon the vanilla buttercream into a piping bag with a large round nozzle, and pipe onto the chocolate cupcakes. You’re looking to create a flat base for the doughnuts to sit on, so a large and open nozzle is best for this.
- To prepare the Cake Décor Milk Choco Writer, place it in a measuring jug or large glass of boiling water and leave to melt for 2-3 minutes. Once the Cake Décor Milk Choco Writer has softened, carefully lift it out of the water, unscrew the cap and snip off the tip of the nozzle with scissors.
- Use the Cake Décor Milk Choco Writer to drizzle and create a drip effect on the mini doughnuts.
- Before the chocolate sets, sprinkle your favourite multi-coloured decorations on top.
- Place the chocolate drizzled mini doughnuts on top of the frosted cupcakes, and enjoy!
Discover all the cake decoration treats you'll need at Cake Décor.
Content continues after advertisements