You will need:
For the cupcakes:
- 8 ready-made cupcakes
- 2 or 3 Sugarflair paste colours (we used pink and ice blue)
- white modelling paste
- pink modelling paste
- gold lustre dust
- rejuvenator spirit
- piping bag and star nozzle
- dresden tool
- Divide your buttercream into three bowls and colour two of the bowls using Sugarflair's paste colours, leaving one plain.
- We've chosen pink and ice blue for pretty, vibrant colours.
- Fill one piping bag with all three colours – try not to mix them so you can clearly see each colour.
- Pipe a buttercream swirl onto your cupcakes.
- Take some white modelling paste and knead it well so it's soft and easy to work with.
- Pull off a small amount and roll it into a ball.
- Roll your white modelling paste into a teardrop shape.
- Press down with your palm on the wider part to flatten slightly.
- Repeat with some pale pink modelling paste but starting with a slightly smaller ball, then press the pink teardrop onto the white ear.
- Make two of these, then add to the buttercream swirl.
- For the horn, start with a ball of white modelling paste and roll it into a long horn shape. Mark the horn in a swirl motion with a dresden tool.
- Mix some gold lustre dust with rejuvenator spirit and paint on the horn.
- Push the horn into the buttercream and your unicorn cupcake is complete!