This style of cupcake is so easy, when you know how. Ideal for using up your leftover pastes and colours, simply top each cupcake with buttercream then the following:
Mother's Day cupcake tutorial
You will need
- Pastry cutter (5cm)
- Flower cutters
- Ball tool
- Foam pad
- Petal dust
- Edible glue (optional)
- Royal icing- white or brown (or you can use melted chocolate)
Love developing your cake decorating skills? Cake Decoration & Sugarcraft magazine is for you, packed with expert advice, step-by-step tutorials, techniques, inspiration-galore and so much more to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- Roll out sugarpaste to the thickness of a pound coin and cut out circles with a pastry cutter (5cm) – you can choose either the plain or fluted circle. Leave to firm.
- Make flowers with plunger and flower cutters, smoothing and shaping edges with a ball tool on a foam pad (half on paste, half on pad then move to the ball tool around the edges).
- Add a little colour with petal dusts and either dots of royal icing in the flower centres or using edible glue, add three sprinkles to each centre.
- Pipe branches with royal icing in white or coloured brown or pipe melted chocolate branches.
- Attach flowers by pressing gently into the piped branches to adhere.
- Box and give.
Enjoyed making these cupcakes? Why not try modelling sugarpaste handbags cake toppers?!