The Beast – Beauty and the Beast Cupcakes
(Find the tutorial for Belle cupcakes here)
For the Beast:You will need
- 2 x Fine brushes
- Mini palette knife
- Round cutter diameter approx. 6cm Edible glue
- Rolling pin
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- Electric Blue sugar paste (I used Massa Ticino Sailing Blue)
- White sugar paste
- White sugar florist paste
- Edible gold paint
- Katy Sue Decorative Corner mould (or alternatively, royal icing and nozzle number 1.5 or 2)
- Gold sugar pearls
- Honey/jam (optional)
1. Roll out a piece of your electric blue sugar paste and cut out a circle using your round cutter
2. Attach the sugar paste circle on top of your cupcake using some edible glue, honey or jam.
3. Now roll out a piece of white sugar paste and with the same round cutter cut out a circle of the same dimension of the blue one.
4. With your small palette knife cut the circle in the way shown in the picture
5. Now attach the part you cut out on top of your blue part with some edible glue.
6. With your small palette knife cut out the remaining parts of your white circle as shown in the picture.
7. With some edible glue stick the 2 parts on the sides of the main white part on top of your cupcake.
8. Roll out a piece of white florist paste and cut it in a rectangular shape using your small palette knife. Once you have cut it, start by folding the paste as shown in picture obtaining 5 waves.
9. This is how your paste will look like once the waves are completed.
10. Attach the waves on top of your cupcake with a bit of edible glue.
11. Now with some gold edible colour, paint only the 2 parts on the sides of the dress
12. Now take a small piece of white sugar florist paste and roll it as in picture. This will be your base for the brooch.
13. With some edible glue stick the base of the brooch in the middle pf your cupcake and on top of your waves.
14. Now sprinkle some icing sugar on your Katy Sue Decorative Corner mould. Take a small ball of white sugar florist paste and press it gently in the middle part of the mould. If you don’t have this mould you can use any other type of mould you like, or alternatively you could create some white pearls with royal icing and a nozzle number 1.5 or 2.
15. You will need to obtain a nice small brooch with pearls.
16. Cut out the part with the pearls. 6 pearls each part. Disregard the white round centre of the brooch
17. Attach the 2 parts on the sides of your base for the brooch
18. Paint the 2 parts and the base of the brooch with gold. Take a small ball of your blue sugar paste