Top tip! Ski-sticks are made from a thicker gauge wire and used to support flat flower centres, acorn cups, caps or larger buds and berries.
How to make acorn and oak leaves
In this tutorial Hannah Collison shows you how to make acorns and oak leaves, which will look stunning on any autumn spray.
You will need
- flower paste (Squires Kitchen)
- Autumn leaf paste colour (Sugarflair)
- Airbrush Food Colours: jungle green, fiesta yellow, carnival red and dynamic black (Squires Kitchen)
- 24, 26, and 28 gauge florist wire: white (Sunrise)
- oak leaf cutter set of 4 (Orchard Products)
- rose leaf veiner: large (DPM)
- bone modelling
- tool tweezers
- ball tool
- tea light
- no.2 piping nozzle (PME)
- florist tape: nile green (Hamilworth)
- large sewing / darning needle.