Searching for the perfect half time snack for the big match or wanting to treat the football fanatic in your life then these are the cupcakes for you.
Football Cupcakes by Baking Mad
For the cakes:
- 150g Butter (unsalted)
- 150g Unrefined golden caster sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 125g Self-raising white flour
- 25g Cocoa powder
For the buttercream:
- 50gButter (unsalted)
- 175gIcing sugar
- Green food colouring
For the decoration:
- Sweets football decorations
- Heat the oven to 180°C. Line a cupcake tray with 12 cases.
- Place the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat together with a wooden spoon or electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the eggs a little at a time until smooth, adding a little flour if the mixture curdles. Stir in the flour and cocoa powder until smooth.
- Place a heaped dessert spoon full in each cupcake case and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and just firm to the touch.
- To make the buttercream: Mix the butter and icing sugar together until light and fluffy. Then add a drop of food colouring to colour the icing green. Using a piping bag and grass nozzle, pipe the icing on top of each cupcake. Decorate with edible football decorations.