If you'd like to expand on your baking and cookery skills, Le Cordon Bleu London may have just what you're looking for! From 13th-31st July, the Summer Essentials course has been created for those who love good food and cooking, but are subject to limited time to improve and learn new techniques.
Summer Essentials is designed for home cooks and food enthusiasts who want to learn practical skills and gain confidence in the kitchen
. During the intensive three week cooking course, you will be trained with a mix of key techniques and recipes based around the traditional teaching methods of Le Cordon Bleu as well as classic and modern interpretations.
You will also be taken on field trips
to local fish, meat or supplier markets and will leave with a host of new recipes to replicate at home.
Core content includes (over three weeks):
· Demonstrations from Le Cordon Bleu Chefs
· Practical classes in state of the art teaching kitchens with individual stations
· Interactive workshops on canapés, starters and desserts
· Expert cheese lecture and tasting
· Expert wine lecture and tasting
· Market trip to Smithfield’s – one of the largest meat markets in Europe
· Market trip to Billingsgate –UK’s largest inland fish market
· Food hygiene qualification to level 2
· Preparation of a group buffet event with presentation of certificates.
If you'd prefer to take part in a shorter course more specifically centred around baking, there are plenty of other courses to inspire, from one-day mastering macaroons classes to breakfast baking or patisserie workshops
. For full details of all the courses, visit cordonbleu.co.uk