Mary Berry, the nation’s Queen of Cakes, is launching her very first range of cakes this spring
Berry is giving cake-lovers the chance to eat genuine Mary Berry cakes without having to step foot in the kitchen.
The range is made up of classic Mary Berry recipes and incudes her signature lemon drizzle cake, a strawberries and cream cake and an indulgent Belgian chocolate cake.
Listed below are a few details about the ingredients and cakes in the full range:
- Divine Chocolate Celebration Cake; A larger celebration cake version of the cake above, £12.00
- Lemon Drizzle Cake; Mary’s signature cake taken from Mary Berry’s Ultimate Cake book. A butter and lemon oil cake, soaked in a lemon syrup and topped with a traditional sugar and lemon crunch icing , £3.50
- Carrot Cake; a carrot cake with a twist consisting of light muscovado sugar, carrots and bananas and finished with cream cheese and walnut pieces. Taken from Mary Berry’s Ultimate Cake book, £3.50
- Death by Chocolate Cake; Chocolate cake filled and topped with Belgian milk chocolate ganache buttercream and decorated with Belgian milk chocolate curls. The recipe is from Mary Berry’s book, Stress-Free Kitchen, £3.50
- Strawberries and Cream Cake; An all-butter cake filled with a layer of strawberry jam and clotted cream flavour buttercream, finished with Belgian chocolate curls and dried strawberries, £8.00
- Delicate Rose Celebration Cake; A light cake layered with a strawberry jam and butter cream filling, beautifully hand decorated with soft icing and hand crafted sugar decorations which also includes an edible sugar piping tube for personalisation, £12.00
- Lemon Yoghurt Loaf Cake; flavoured with lemon oils and topped with a traditional lemon juice icing and candied lemon strips. Recipe taken from Mary Berry’s 100 Cakes and Bakes book, £2.50
Mary has developed the products at her home, with all the recipes coming from her books, leading to the creation of a range of delicious, beautifully-finished cakes that caters to every budget and brings people together to share special occasions – from birthday parties to afternoon tea.
Mary Berry commented on the launch, saying: ““I am extremely proud of every single one of the cakes in my range. Each cake is a faithful representation of some of my favourite recipes, and they taste fantastic. I hope people enjoy eating them as much as we have enjoyed creating them.”
Mary Berry will be replaced by Prue Leith on Channel 4, and will be diversifying from her roots from home cooking in the near future.
She is set to present a new BBC series, Secrets From Britain’s Great Houses, in which she takes viewers on a tour of stately homes.
All the cakes will be available in supermarkets nationwide from late spring.