On Tuesday 24th July, industry professionals and tea lovers flocked to London's Hotel Café Royal for the third annual Afternoon Tea Awards.This year, the Awards were sponsored by luxury tea company Newby Teas of London. Hosted by the UK's biggest afternoon tea booking site, the event recognised the best in afternoon tea and tea service. A panel of distinguished food and beverage experts judged the entries. Food writer Emma Sturgess, chocolatier and patissier Martin Chiffers and pastry chef Helen Vass were among them. Every aspect of the afternoon tea experience was analysed. The quality of service was considered as well as the food and drink themselves. Aneta Aslakhanova, Global Marketing Director of Newby Teas, said: ‘We believe in an uncompromising approach to quality and flavour, throughout the lifecycle of tea, from the moment the tea leaves are plucked to the moment the tea is poured and savoured. We are delighted to give our support to the coveted Afternoon Tea Awards.’ The winners of the Awards this year were as follows:
- Best Traditional Afternoon Tea – Coworth Park, Ascot
- Best Contemporary Afternoon Tea – Rosewood, London
- Best Themed Afternoon Tea – The Ampersand Hotel ‘Science Tea’, London
- Best Children’s Afternoon Tea – Fortnum & Mason, London
- Best Tea Service – The Langham, London
Find out more about the awards here.