These Snowman Emoji Biscuits are perfect for a bit of fun this Christmas!
Dr. Oetker are changing it up this Christmas with these incredibly fun and trendy Snowman Emoji Biscuits.
Snowman Emoji Biscuits
Preparation time: 1 hour 30 mins plus chilling, cooling and setting Cooking time: 15 minutes Makes: 14
- 100g (3 ½ oz) Lightly salted butter, softened
- 40g (1 ½ oz) Caster sugar
- 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) Dr. Oetker Madagascan Natural Vanilla Extract
- 1g (2.5ml/1/2 tsp) Ground mixed spice
- 165g (5 ½ oz) Plain flour + extra for dusting
- 225g (8oz) Dr. Oetker Regal-Ice
- Icing sugar to dust
- 20g (15ml/1 tbsp) Clear honey
- 25g (1oz) each of Dr. Oetker Ready to Roll Regal-Ice Coloured: Black, Red, Green, Yellow and Blue
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C (170˚C fan oven, 375˚F, gas 5). Line a large baking tray with baking parchment. In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until soft and creamy. Stir in the Vanilla Extract.
- Sift the flour and spice on top, and stir into the creamed mixture, then bring together with your hands to form a soft dough.
- Turn on to a lightly floured surface and knead gently until smooth. Roll out to a thickness of 1/2cm (1/4inch) - the mixture will be quite soft and short. Using a 6cm (2 ¼ inch) round cutter, stamp out 14 rounds, re-rolling the trimmings as necessary.
- Arrange on the baking tray, spaced slightly apart, prick the tops with a fork and chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until lightly golden. Cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To decorate, gently knead the Regal Ice for a few seconds to make more pliable. Lightly dust the work surface with icing sugar and roll out the Regal Ice to about the thickness of a £1 coin. Using the same cutter, stamp out 14 rounds, re-rolling the icing as necessary. Reserve the trimmings for the emoji features.
- Brush the tops of the cookies lightly with honey and place a Regal Ice disc on top. Gently smooth the disc of icing with your fingertips to create a professional finish.
- Working on whichever colour of Ready to Roll you want to use first, knead it gently before using it to make the features shapes for the snowmen emojis. For eyes, break off tiny pieces and roll into balls, then press into place using your fingertips. Mouths can be made from tiny sausage shapes of icing and then curved and pressed on top of the iced cookie, or tiny balls of Black to make a more traditional snowman mouth. Roll tiny pieces of Blue icing into balls for tears. Use tiny pieces of reserved Regal Ice for teeth and score them lightly with a knife to add detail
- If you want to give the snowmen hats, use a piece of your favourite colour, roll out the icing thinly and then use the same round cutter to cut a circle. Trim the circle down into a crescent shape and stick on to the iced cookie using a little water. Add woolly texture by dotting with a skewer, and don’t forget a small ball of icing for the bobble!
- Once you’ve finished your decorating, leave the cookies for about an hour to dry a little before serving.
Content continues after advertisements