Strawberry and White Chocolate Woolly Hat biscuits - recipe by Judit Bakes
- 100 g butter, softened
- 50 g white chocolate, melted
- 175g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 50 g brown flour
- 50 g cornflour
- 85g dried strawberry, processed into powder
- To fill and decorate
- A small jar of strawberry jam
- 1 punnet of small fresh strawberries
- 200 g modelling chocolate
- Blue and reg gel food colouring
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line 2-3 baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Put the butter, melted chocolate and sugar in a bowl and whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and mix well.
- Sift together the flours, then tip into the bowl and gently mix into a dough.
- Scrape out the and work the it carefully by hand.
- Roll the dough into balls a little smaller than a walnut, then place on the baking sheets, a little apart to allow for spreading. Press each biscuit down with fingers.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- When cool, pair them and stick together with warmed jam.
Content continues after advertisements
- Colour two thirds of the modelling chocolate blue and one third red.
- Roll out the blue chocolate and cut out small circles, slightly wider than the thickness of the strawberries. Cover the strawberries with blue chocolate.
- Then roll out the red and cut stripes to wrap around the bottom of the covered strawberry.
- Roll a small ball of red chocolate with fingers and stick on the top of the covered strawberry.
- To perfect the finish make tiny incision with a knife tip on the surface of the hat, and stick it to the biscuit.
By Judit Horvath from Judit Bakes (juditbakes.com)