Everyone loves these classic ginger biscuits! Perfect for elevenses, they will tantalise your taste buds and leave you wanting more!
Ginger BiscuitsPreparation time 20 mins plus chilling Baking time 12-14 mins Makes 40 Ingredients:
- 300g butter, softened
- 220g light muscovado sugar
- 1 egg
- 70g black treacle
- 400g plain flour
- 11/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 21/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 50g granulated sugar
- Cream the butter and light muscovado sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg and treacle and beat well to combine.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, ginger and cloves together then add to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well to form a sticky dough. Wrap the dough in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 1 hour. Towards the end of this time preheat the oven to 210˚C/ 190˚C fan/gas mark 6 and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Divide the chilled dough into 40 equal pieces then roll each piece into a 2.5cm ball. Place the granulated sugar on a large plate and roll each ball in the sugar until well coated. Place the balls on the prepared baking trays spaced well apart to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 12-14 mins and allow to cool on the baking trays for 10 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Content continues after advertisements