Make these gingerbread letters and raise some money for Tea for Tinnitus by hosting your own tea party throughout June.
- 350g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 125g unsalted butter
- 175g dark brown sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 190’C (170’C fan assisted).
- Sift the flour, ginger and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl.
- Rub in the butter until the mixture looks a little like breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the sugar.
- Add the beaten eggs and golden syrup until there is a smooth mixture.
- Divide the mixture into two and roll out one half on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out letters and place on baking parchment.
- Bake for 9 minutes until golden
- Leave the letters for a few minutes to cool before moving carefully to a cooling rack.
More in Gingerbread Biscuits
More in Biscuit Recipes