So why not decorate these tasty little biscuitsby Dr. Oetker for Mum this Mother's Day!
Crafty Little Biscuits
Makes: Around 25 biscuits | Prep time: 40 mins | Bake time: 25 mins Ingredients:
- 100g room temperature unsalted butter
- 150g caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 200g plain flour
- 1/2tsp Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
- Fine zest of 1 lemon
- 1tspDr. Oetker Sicilian Lemon Extract
- Dr. Oetker Designer Icing, Writing Icing, Chocolate Hearts & Mini Wafer Flowers
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place butter & sugar in a large bowl, beat with an electric mixer. Add a pinch of salt, then beat in the large egg, lemon zest & the zingy Lemon Extract
- In another bowl, mix the flour & Baking Powder, then add it to your first mixture and beat again
- Bring your dough together and put it in the fridge, let it chill for 5-10 minutes
- Lay baking parchment on a flat surface, place your dough on top and cover with more parchment. Get rollin’, rollin’, rollin until it’s about 5mm thick, then cut out shapes with cookie cutters. Return to the fridge for approx. 20 mins
- Bake at a scorchio 180C for about 25 mins, then leave the biscuits to cool on a tray
- Decorate with Designer Icing, Writing Icing, Chocolate Hearts & Mini Wafer Flowers and treat Mum to your yummy creation
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, Dr. Oetker has teamed up with star TV baker Ian Cumming to create a recipe book especially for little budding bakers.
Featuring four delicious recipes, Bake Mum’s Day is an illustrated book filled with playful characters, handy tips and simple step by step instructions for little hands to follow. From Chocolate Flowerpot Cupcakes to Lovely Strawberry Sandwich Cake, the cute, fun-filled recipes will inspire little ones to bake-off at home with the family and treat mum to something special this Mother’s Day.
To download the full Dr. Oetker Bake Mum’s Day recipe book, go to www.oetker.co.uk/mothersday
Go bonkers for baking!
Show off your little one’s yummiest creations and funniest pictures using the hashtag #bakemumsday