These look so appetising and taste far superior to bought crackers.
Parmesan and Sesame CrackersPreparation time 20 mins - Baking time 8-10 mins plus 30 mins resting - Makes 24
- 125g plain flour
- 25g sesame seeds
- 40g parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 40ml sunflower or vegetable oil
- 40ml cold water
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the plain flour, sesame seeds, grated parmesan, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the centre and add the oil followed by a little of the water. Mix together to form a soft but not sticky dough, adding a little extra of the water if necessary to bring it together.
- Knead the dough gently together in the bowl. Wrap well in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 6. Once rested, roll out the dough thinly on a lightly floured work surface. Cut the dough into triangular crackers and transfer to a lined or well greased baking tray.
- Prick the crackers with a fork and bake in the oven for 8-10 mins until crisp and golden brown around the edges. Serve.