Easy hearts and stars biscuits by Dr. Oekter, perfect for the an afternoon of family baking!
Easy Hearts and Stars Biscuits
Preparation time: 10 minutes | Chilling time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 12-15 minutes | Makes: 8
- 125g (4 ½ oz) Salted butter, softened
- 55g (2 oz) Caster sugar
- 180g (6 ½ oz) Plain flour
- 30ml (2 tbsp) Milk
- 5ml (1 tsp) Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract
- 100g sachet Dr. Oetker Easy Ice (Chocolate, Pink and/or Yellow)
- 150g pot Dr. Oetker Easy Choc Milk
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170˚C fan assisted or gas mark 5).
- Place all of the biscuit ingredients into a mixer and mix to form a soft dough.
- Shape the dough into a ball and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Roll the chilled dough on a lightly floured work surface to approx. ½ cm thick. Cut 8 rounds using a fluted cutter 8cm in diameter. Place the rounds on the lined baking tray, spaced slightly apart.
- Re-roll the remaining dough to ½ cm thick and cut 8 smaller shapes using cutters approx. 4-5 cm in diameter (hearts, stars, petals). Place on the second lined baking tray.
- Bake both trays in the preheated oven. The smaller shapes will take 8-10 minutes to bake, the larger rounds will take 12-14 minutes. The biscuits should be light in colour and just starting to turn golden around the edges when baked. Allow to cool on the baking trays for 10 minutes before allowing to cool completely on a wire rack.
To decorate your cookies
- Prepare the Easy Choc and Easy Ice as per pack instructions.
- Dip 4 round biscuits and 4 shaped biscuits in Easy Choc. Place a wire rack over a piece of baking paper. Place the covered biscuits on the wire rack to set.
- Squeeze the Easy Ice over the remaining biscuit rounds and shapes alternating between colours. Place on the wire rack to set.
- To assemble your biscuits, top the biscuit rounds with the smaller shapes to create a double layer. Use a small blob of easy ice to stick the two layers together.