A comforting eggy bread recipe that's perfect for adults and kids alike...If you thought eggy bread couldn’t be improved then think again – add a little extra crunch and texture with some High Protein granola for a hearty, delicious meal that will keep you going all day.
Lizi’s Nobbly Eggy Bread RecipeMakes: 2 slices Ingredients:
- 1 large egg
- A splash of milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 handful of Lizi’s High Protein Granola
- A knob of butter
- 2 slices white bread, crusts off
- Raspberries and maple syrup to serve
- Crack an egg into a large shallow bowl.
- Whisk with a fork and then add the milk and mix.
- Season the mixture lightly with salt and pepper.
- Next to the shallow bowl place a plate filled with a handful of the granola.
- Put a knob of butter into the frying pan and melt over a medium heat.
- Dip both sides of the bread in the egg mixture and quickly transfer to the granola plate, pushing down slightly so each side has some on it.
- Place in the frying pan and fry on both sides gently until golden. Careful it doesn’t catch – a burnt brunch never did anyone any favours!
- Serve with a handful of raspberries and some maple syrup. Enjoy!
Content continues after advertisements