Need bread rolls in a hurry? Use this simple 3 ingredient soda bread rolls recipe and you'll be set in no time...
These emergency, no knead, half hour, soda bread rolls need just a very hot oven and three ingredients. If you have the time and the inclination, add a pinch of fennel seed or linseed to the mixing bowl. Eat immediately or when cold, store in a tin and re-heat before serving.
Makes 6 rolls
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Dust some flour on a large baking tray and the work surface.
- Measure the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the lemonade or tonic water and milk and stir into a soft, slightly sticky dough.
- Tip the dough onto the flour dusted surface, sprinkle with flour and cut it into 6 pieces.
- Form each piece into a ball and put it on the baking tray.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully and quickly, cut a cross onto each dough ball.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Equipment: Baking tray and mixing bowl
Temperature: 220˚C, Fan 200˚C, 425˚F, Gas 7