No bread flour, but want to make bread? No problem! Learn how to make bread with plain wholemeal flour instead...With less frequent shopping trips and irregular grocery deliveries during this time, you may not be able to get hold of all the baking ingredients you would like, yet still want to spend time in the kitchen baking.
- 500g Doves Farm Organic Plain Wholemeal Flour
- 1 tsp Doves Farm Quick Yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 325g tepid water
- 1 tbsp oil
- Oil, for tin
- Put the flour, yeast, sugar and salt into a bowl and mix together.
- Stir in the water, and when everything looks craggy and lumpy, stir in the oil.
- Using your hands, gather everything together into a doughy mass.
- Knead the dough for 100 presses.
- Cover with an upturned mixing bowl and leave in a warm place to double in size, about an hour.
- Rub some oil around the inside of a 1kg/2lb bread tin or insert a baking liner.
- Knead the dough for another 100 presses.
- Shape the dough and put it into the prepared tin.
- Cover the tin with an upturned mixing bowl and leave in a warm place for 40 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
Content continues after advertisements