Your big breakfast but with a spicy twist...
Parma Ham, Egg and Sriracha Cheese Bagel
Preparation Time: 15 - 20 mins – Serves: 2
- 1 New York Bakery Co. Cheese Bagel
- 4 slices Parma ham
- 2 small eggs
- Sriracha hot sauce
- A couple of sprigs of coriander
- 1 avocado
- ½ lime
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Slice the bagel in two and generously butter each half. Add the bagels to a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat (buttered side down) and toast for 4-5 mins or until golden brown and crispy.
- Scoop the flesh from the avocado and mash a little with a fork. Season with lime juice and salt and pepper.
- Cut the bagel slices in half down the middle and place on a flat tray lined with foil. Place the bagel halves side by side – slightly separated – and carefully line the holes with a slice of Parma ham.
- Crack an egg into each Parma ham lined hole and bake in the oven until the white is set but the yolk is still runny. This should take around 8-10 mins.
- Serve each bagel half with a little smashed avocado and drizzle with Sriracha hot sauce. Garnish with a sprig of coriander.
The New York Bakery Co. cuts no corners to produce the best standard of bagels with a distinctive taste, glossy appearance, chewy outer layer and soft texture in the middle. Made just as they should be by being boiled then baked, the authentic NYC way.
Authentic New York Bakery Co. bagels are available nationwide, RRP £1.50 from the following supermarkets; Tesco, Morrisons, Waitrose, Ocado, Sainsbury's and Co-op