Best made the day before, this cloud bread recipe is absolutely perfect for picnics, and can be topped with any number of things!Whether cream cheese and strawberries are your topping of choice, or you're partial to a smidge of peanut butter and banana, this cloud bread recipe from Hello Fresh makes a delicious, light base for summer snacking. Enjoy! Ingredients
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1⁄4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp sweetener (optional)
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Separate the yolk from the egg whites.
- Mix together the egg yolks, the cream cheese and the sweetener (if using).
- In a different bowl add 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat the whites on high speed until they are fluffy and form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites until mixed, being careful to not beat the air out of the mixture.
- Add greaseproof paper to two baking trays, and with a large spoon, "scoop" the mixture into 10 even rounds on the sheets (about the size of the top-half of a burger bun; roughly 10cm wide).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, then remove from the baking tray and cool on a rack.
- At first they'll have a meringue consistency, but put them in a tupperware container overnight and by morning, you'll have 10 perfect, soft cloud breads to enjoy!
Content continues after advertisements