This recipe from Dr. Oetker for easy dipped doughnuts is so simple yet so effective with the trendy dripping look on the edges
Easy Dipped Doughnuts
Preparation time: 35 minutes plus cooling and setting - Cooking time: 20 minutes - Makes: 10
- 15ml (1 tbsp) Vegetable oil
- 150g (5oz) Plain flour
- X1 (5g/1 tsp) Dr. Oetker Baking Powder Sachet
- 115g (4oz) Caster sugar
- 125ml (4 ½ fl.oz) Whole milk
- 2 Medium eggs, beaten
- 5ml (1 tsp) Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract
- 25g (1oz) Lightly salted butter, melted
- 1 or 2 x 100g pocuhes Dr. Oetker Easy Ice Blue
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C (160˚C fan oven, 350˚F, gas 4). Lightly brush the inside of 10 x 10cm (4inch) diameter doughnut tin with oil.
- Sift the flour and Baking Powder into a bowl and stir in the sugar. Mix the milk, eggs, Vanilla and butter together, and gradually mix into the dry ingredients until well blended and smooth.
- Spoon the batter into each tin to fill about ¾ full – you may find it easier to transfer the batter to a jug and pour into the tins.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until risen and lightly golden. Cool for 5 minutes then run a knife round the edge of each tin and turn the doughnuts on to a wire rack and leave to cool.
- To decorate, arrange the doughnuts, baked side up on the wire rack over a tray or board. Prepare the Easy Ice as directed on pack. Carefully drizzle icing over each doughnut as desired. For a drizzle effect you will need 1 pack, for a more indulgently covered doughnut, you will need 2 packs of Easy Ice. Leave for a few minutes until the icing sets. Your doughnuts are now ready to serve and enjoy!