This recipe from Baking Mad is perfect for using up leftovers and you can change the flavours to suit your family.
Turkey, Ham and Cranberry Pizza
IngredientsFor the pizza dough:
- 500g Strong white bread flour
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 Easy bake yeast sachet
- 2 tsp Unrefined golden caster sugar
- 325ml Warm water
- Turkey (leftover strips)
- Ham (leftover strips)
- 2 tbsp Tomato purée
- 6 tsp Cranberry sauce
- Mozzarella (grated)
- Put the flour and yeast and salt in a large bowl and mix together. Make a well in the centre of the mix.
- Stir the sugar into the warm water then add to the well in the centre of the dry mix. Work from the outer edge and mix all the dry ingredients into the water. When the mix has come together, turn out on to a lightly floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes. At this stage the dough should be soft and spring back when lightly touched.
- Flour the dough and cover with cling and leave to rest for about 15 minutes.
- If not baking immediately leave the dough wrapped in lightly oiled cling film and palce in the fridge until you are ready to shape and bake.
- Divide the dough into 3 or 4 pieces depending on how many pizza bases you want to make.
- Taking one piece at a time and roll out on a very lightly floured surface. Ideally the base should be 5mm thick but you can be creative on the shape, such as oval or square. Place on a baking tray and leave the rolled bases for 15 to 30 minutes to rest. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan, gas mark 6).
- For the topping, spread the tomato puree over the pizza, then sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese. Place the strips of turkey and ham over the pizza, then spoon on the cranberry sauce. You could add sliced tomato as well and sprinkle some more mozzarella cheese on top to make it extra cheesy.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the cheese has melted.