- 500 grams wholemeal bread flour
- 7 grams dry active yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 300 ml warm water
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons light or dark brown sugar
- 30 grams pecan nuts, chopped
- 1 medium egg
- Make the bread by mixing the flour, yeast, salt and water together until a dough forms.Knead by hand for 7 minutes or in a mixer for 5 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl and allow to prove for 1 hour.
- Pre heat the oven to 200C (180C fan)
- Remove from the bowl and roll out to an oblong about 12”x18”. Scatter the cinnamon, sugar and chopped pecans over the bread.
- Starting at the shortest end, roll the dough up tightly, brushing the exposed part of the dough with egg. This ensures that the dough sticks together and doesn’t come apart.
- Once fully rolled, fold in half again and place in a regular sized loaf tin.Bake for 35 - 40 minutes.Remove from the baking tin and allow to cool.
- Slice and toast if desired and serve with some butter.
About the author:
Stuart is based on the east coast of Scotland and has always loved baking. When he was a child he would watch his Gran and Mum creating in the kitchen and the joy has stayed with him. His website showcases classic recipes, some recipes maybe not quite so well known this side of the 'pond', new ideas and occasionally some savoury bakes too! You can visit Stuart's website at www.cakeyboi.com
, or say hello to him at Facebook