This naan bread pizza recipe is perfect for when you're short on time but want the whole family to get involved in the kitchen!
Naan bread pizzaServes 6
- 500g Very Strong White Bread Flour (We like Allinson)
- 11⁄2tsp Unrefined Golden Caster Sugar (We like Billington's)
- 1tbsp Butter
- 7g Dried Active Yeast (We like Allinson)
- 11⁄2tsp Salt
- 300ml Warm Water
- 4tsp Nigella Seeds
- 2tbsp Melted Butter
- Mix the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a big bowl. Using your fingertips, rub in the butter until only fine 'crumbs' are left. Mix in the water with a knife.
- Tip onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes (or use the dough hook attachment on your mixer)
- Lightly grease a mixing bowl with some oil and place the dough in the bowl. Cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rise until it has doubled in size - this should take about 1 hour depending on how warm your kitchen is.
- Heat the grill to medium with a large baking sheet on the top shelf. Knead 2 tsp of the Nigella seeds into the dough and then divide into 6 even pieces (use a weighing scale if you like) and roll into balls. Roll each ball into a thin tear drop shape on a flour dusted surface. Scatter over the remaining seeds and gently roll again to stick them.
- In batches, carefully lift the naans onto the preheated baking sheet. Grill for 2-3 minutes, turning over halfway until lightly browned, then remove from the oven and top with your topping of choice.
Content continues after advertisements