These Salted Caramel Pretzel Stick Brownies are a great sweet treat with caramel and chocolate layers topped with a pretzel stick to make eating them even easier.
Salted Caramel Pretzel Stick Brownies by Dr. Oetker
Preparation time: 40 minutes plus cooling and chilling Cooking time: 35 minutes Ingredients For the brownie layer:
- 150g bar Dr. Oetker 54% Dark Fine Cook’s Chocolate
- 100g (3 ½ oz) Unsalted butter, softened
- 100g (3 ½ oz) Caster sugar
- 2 Medium eggs, beaten
- 75g (3oz) Plain flour
- 50g (2oz) Salted pretzels, lightly crushed
For the cream layer:
- 2 x 150g bars Dr. Oetker White Fine Cook’s Chocolate
- 150ml (1/4 pt) Double cream
- 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) Dr. Oetker Caramel Flavour
- 3g (1/2 tsp) Salt
Content continues after advertisements
- 25 Salted pretzel sticks or Paluszki – see TIP
- Dr Oetker Chocolatey Sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C (160˚C fan oven, 350˚F, gas 4). Grease and line a 20cm (8inch) square cake tin.
- First make the brownie layer. Break the Dark Chocolate into pieces and place in a saucepan with the butter and sugar. Heat very gently, stirring occasionally until melted. Remove from the heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix the eggs into the melted mixture to make a thick glossy batter. Sift the flour on top, add the crushed pretzels and carefully mix all the ingredients together.
- Spoon into the prepared tin, smooth to the edges and bake for about 20 minutes until lightly crusted on top but still wobbly underneath. Leave to cool completely in the tin, then turn out the brownie layer, double line the tin with cling film so that it over hangs the edges and carefully press the brownie back into the tin. Leave aside.
- For the cream layer, break the chocolate into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl. Pour over the cream. Sit the bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water and leave to melt. Remove from the water and cool for 10 minutes. Stir in the Caramel Flavour and salt and pour over the cold brownie. Cool completely then chill for 2 hours until set.
- To serve, carefully remove the brownie from the tin using the cling film to help you and place on a board. Cut into 25 squares. Use a skewer to make a hole in the centre of each and push in a pretzel stick. Scatter the tops with Sprinkles. Your brownie sticks are now ready to serve and enjoy!