Here is our final family favourite recipe for National Baking Week and this time the recipe is from us!This chocolate brownie recipe is perfect for when you have a lot of hungry people around the table or perhaps for a bake sale! Our Digital Assistant, Tilly, says "I was given this recipe from a lady called Georgina, who I met on a road trip in Ireland. It's decadent and makes the best chocolate brownies I've ever eaten. You can make them with or without nuts like I have here".
- 375g dark chocolate
- 375g butter
- 500g caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 125g plain flour or gluten free plain flour
- 75g hazelnuts (chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 160℃.
- Whisk (preferably with an electric hand whisk) the sugar and the eggs very well for about 5 minutes. The mixture should be really airy so it's essential not to whisk them for any less.
- In a pan melt the butter and chocolate and then set aside to cool for around 10 minutes.
- Add the melted mixture to the sugar and eggs and mix again.
- Then add the flour and continue to mix
- Line your tin(s) with baking parchment, adding a little water to the tin before you add the parchment.
- Pour in your brownie mixture and sprinkle with the hazelnuts.
- Bake for 25/30 minutes. The mixture should still be a little wet when a skewer is inserted.
Content continues after advertisements