This is the richest, chocolatiest, moistest cake ever. No one will be able to resist a slice!
Chocolate Fudge Cake - Dr Oetker
Ingredients For the cake:
- 150 g Butter
- 150 g Light Muscovado Sugar
- 150 g Plain Flour
- 40 g Cocoa Powder
- Dr. Oetker Baking Powder Sachets x 2 (2 tsp)
- 2 ½ g Dr. Oetker Bicarbonate of Soda (½ tsp)
- Medium Eggs x 2
- 142 g Soured Cream
- 30 ml Golden Syrup (2 tbsp)
- 15 ml Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract with Seeds (1 tbsp)
- Dr. Oetker Wafer Daisies
For the filling:
- 100 g Butter Softened
- 200 g Icing Sugar
- 5 ml Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract with Seeds (1 tsp)
- 100 g Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks Dark Chocolate melted
For the Ganache:
- 150 ml Double Cream
- 150 g Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks Dark Chocolate
- Grease and line two 18cm sandwich tins. Heat the oven to gas mark 4/180°C. Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl, then sift in the dry ingredients.
- Whisk together the eggs, soured cream, syrup and vanilla extract, then beat into the cake mix.
- Divide between the tins and bake for 20-25 mins. Cool in the tins, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- For the ganache, heat the double cream until hot, but not boiling; add the chocolate and leave to melt. Stir briefly until smooth and leave to cool.
- Whisk all the buttercream ingredients together then use to sandwich the cakes. Cove the top and sides of cake with the ganache and decorate with Wafer Daisies.