Want to bake a cake for Easter but don't have time to start completely from scratch? Green's are on hand with this super quick and easy but delicious Cookies and Cream cake recipe - using their Chocolate Cake Mix.
Cookies and Cream CakeSERVES 10 You will need: 1 Greens Vanilla Cake Mix 3 free-range eggs 100ml (31⁄2fl oz) vegetable oil 200ml (7fl oz) water 1 packet of chocolate biscuits 225g (8oz) icing sugar 113g (4oz) butter, softened Method:
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/Gas Mark 3. Generously grease 3 x 20cm (8in) cake tins and line with greaseproof paper.
- Combine the cake mix, eggs, oil and water in a large bowl on low speed for 1 minute until moistened. Mix on medium speed for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour equal amounts of the mixture into the three prepared cake tins.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked. To check if cooked, insert a skewer into the centre of cake; if it comes out clean then the cake is ready. Leave to cool before removing from the tins.
- Reserve 5 biscuits for the top, then blitz the rest to a fairly coarse powder.
- Mix three-quarters of the biscuit powder with the soft butter and icing sugar to make a speckled frosting and filling.
- Spread in between each layer to sandwich the cake together, then cover the top and sides of the cake. Gently press the spare biscuit powder into the base of the cake to decorate, as shown.
- Pipe 10 dots of the icing around the top of the cake, then cut 5 biscuits in half and push them into the blobs of icing to finish.
Content continues after advertisements