Prepare yourself for the moistest, richest chocolate cake you've ever tasted! It's so simple to make, using only a few cupboard staples and a single bowl, and is perfect served with clotted cream and a glass of wine!
Oh So Rich Chocolate Cake
- 150g butter
- 350g dark chocolate 70% cocoa solids
- 5 large eggs
- 275g caster sugar
- 175g ground almonds
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/155°C fan/gas mark 4. Grease a 23cm loose bottomed cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, break up the chocolate into chunks then add to the butter and heat gently until melted.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool a little. Beat in the eggs and then the sugar. Stir in the ground almonds.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin and level the top. Bake for 35-40 mins - the cake is cooked when the surface starts to crack a little. Allow to cool in the tin.
* This flourless chocolate cake is perfect for serving with clotted cream and a cold glass of dessert wine.