Baking Mad have created this delicious recipe which makes 3 tiers and has white, milk and dark chocolate chips in it. It’s really easy to make and a great for the whole family to help with.
Triple Chocolate Cookie Cake by Baking Mad
For the cookies:
- 250g Butter (unsalted)
- 325g Unrefined light muscovado sugar (we use Billington's)
- 2 Egg(s) (free range) large
- 3tsp Vanilla extract
- 1½tsp Cornflour
- 200g Self-raising white flour (we use Allinson)
- 175g Plain white flour (we use Allinson)
- ¾g Salt
- 100g White chocolate chips
- 100g Dark chocolate chips
- 100g Milk chocolate chips
For the chocolate frosting:
- 200g Icing sugar (we use Silver Spoon)
- 65g Butter (unsalted) soft
- 25g Cocoa powder
- 25ml Milk (whole) you might need a dash more depending on consistency
For the vanilla frosting:
- 160g Icing sugar (we use Silver Spoon)
- 55g Butter (unsalted)
- 15ml Milk (whole) you might need a dash more
- ½tsp Vanilla extract
For the decoration:
- Chocolate curls
- Sprinkle decorations
- Preheat your oven to 180’c, 160’c fan
- Grease and line the bases of 3 x 20cm sponge tins
- Cream together the butter and sugar for the cookies until smooth and soft.
- In another bowl, combine the flours, cornflour and salt.
- Add the vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture, and then the eggs, one at a time with a spoonful of flour to stop the mixture curdling.
- Fold in the rest of the flour and then all the chocolate chips. You should have a soft, sticky dough.
- Divide the dough equally between the tins and spread to make a flat, level surface. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden, then allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tin before turning out to cool completely on a rack.
- To make the chocolate frosting, combine the ingredients in a processor, stand mixer or mix by hand until smooth and combined. If you can mix the frosting for up to five minutes it will become lighter and softer.
- Repat this process to make the vanilla frosting. Combine the ingredients in a processor, stand mixer or mix by hand until smooth and combined. If you can mix each frosting for up to five minutes it will become lighter and softer.
- Once the cookies have cooled, spread chocolate frosting on the top of the first cookie and then spread the vanilla frosting on the other. Stack these together to make a sandwich with an iced surface on the top.
- Top with the final cookie and decorate the top by either piping or spreading with the remaining frostings and some sprinkles.