Yoghurt is a popular cake ingredient and creates a wonderfully moist sponge. Give it a try with this lemon yoghurt cake by St Helen’s Farm which uses goats’ yoghurt, finished with a scattering of pistachios.
Lemon yoghurt cake
Looking for a zesty and moist cake? Look no further than this lemon yoghurt cake, finished with a scattering of pistachios!
- 2 lemons, peeled and deseeded
- 175 g St Helen’s Farm goats’ butter, at room temperature
- 175 g caster sugar
- 3 large free-range egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 5 tbsp St Helen’s Farm natural goats’ yoghurt
- 100 g pistachio nuts, roughly ground (reserving some)
For the icing
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 75 g St Helen’s Farm natural goats’ yoghurt
- candied lemon, to garnish