Chocolate Chip Banana Bread - Recipe by Forever Baking
Prep Time 15 min – Cook Time 50 min – Total Time 1 hr 5 min
- 250g plain flour
- 175g dark chocolate chips
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 125g butter
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan forced). Grease a 900g loaf tin and line with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Then add the vanilla extract and mix.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder then gradually add to the batter and beat well.
- Mash the bananas and beat them into the mix. Stir in the chocolate pieces.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake in the center of the oven for 50 min, until skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave the cake in the tin to cool.
- This loaf cake is best served warm.
- Keep any uneaten cake in an airtight container at room temperature for about 3 days.
Content continues after advertisements