An ideal way to use up any over-ripe bananas, this sweet treat is as ideal for packing up for lunch as it is served with a cuppa.What's more, this gluten-free banana cake recipe - shared with us by Hello Fresh - uses gluten-free flour, so your treats can be enjoyed by practically everyone. Enjoy! Ingredients:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 100g cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 150g coconut flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1-2 handfuls of blueberries
- Small handful of chocolate nibs (optional - these can add an earthy crunch to your bake, and may not be to everyone's taste)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Mash bananas with a fork, add the eggs and combine well.
- Warm through the coconut oil so you can blend it easily with the banana and egg mixture.
- Add all the dry ingredients (except the blueberries) and combine.
- Using some additional coconut oil, grease your cake tin - a loaf tin works well for this bake. Add the cake mix.
- Add the blueberries in the middle of your banana bread and slightly push it into the batter so they don't burn in the oven
- Bake for around 35-45 minutes until it's golden brown. If the bread is still too wet inside, cover with foil to keep it from burning and return it to the oven until baked through.
- This bake tastes good fresh, and even better a couple of days after it's made - but be sure to store in an airtight container.
For more delicious recipes, take a look at Hello Fresh's extensive selection here.