This Raspberry, rose and white chocolate loaf cake from Pyrex is delicious and perfect for sharing!
This cake from Pyrex
is so delicious and is perfect for a treat when the family come round. Try making it for National Baking Week!
Raspberry, rose and white chocolate loaf cake
20 minutes Cooking time:
50-55 minutes Serves:
12-14 slices, approx 250 kcal each
- 140g caster sugar
- 175g soft butter
- 4 large eggs
- Rose water 2 caps
- 250g self-raising flour
- 100g white chocolate chunks
- 150g raspberries
- 1 lemon juice
- 50g caster sugar
- White chocolate ganache - 60g double cream 60g white chocolate chunks
- 12-15 raspberries
- Rose petals
- In a food mixer, cream the sugar and butter together until light and pale.
- Add the eggs, rose water and self-raising flour. Mix briefly until well incorporated into a thick mixture and fold in the white chocolate chunks.
- Add one third of the cake mixture into the bottom of the Pyrex Magic loaf pan. Scatter 75g of raspberries along the loaf pan. Add another third of the mixture into the pan and scatter the remaining 75g of raspberries. Add the last third of the mixture and smooth the top off.
- Bake at 180°C fan oven for 50-55 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Whilst the cake is baking, heat the lemon juice and sugar until dissolved to create a lemon syrup.
- When the cake is baked, turn it out and soak the top with all of the lemon syrup.
- Heat the double cream to a simmer and then turn off the heat. Add white chocolate chunks and stir until melted to create a ganache.
- When the cake is cooled, drizzle or pipe the white chocolate ganache. Decorate with raspberries and edible rose petals.