This loaf is perfect when you fancy something that little bit zesty.
Yoghurt & Poppy Seed Loaf Cake
Makes 12 pieces - Time 12 minutes
- 175 g Plain Flour
- Dr. Oetker Baking Powder Sachets x 2
- 75 g Ground Almonds
- 175 g Caster Sugar
- 150 ml Natural Set Yoghurt
- 75 ml Corn Oil
- Medium Eggs x 3
- 2½ml Dr. Oetker Sicilian Lemon Extract (1/2 tsp)
- 25 g Poppy Seeds
- 75 g Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks' White Chocolate
- 150 g Fresh Mixed Berries
- Grease and base-line a 3lb loaf tin. Heat the oven to Mark 4/180°C. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, ground almonds and sugar.
- In a jug, beat together the yogurt, corn oil, eggs and lemon extract. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture, whisk together until smooth, add the poppy seeds and stir to combine. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 40 mins until risen and firm.
- Leave to cool in tin for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a simmering pan of water, decorate your cake with the berries and drizzle over the melted chocolate.Tip: Use mini tins to make bite sized treats. You’ll need to reduce the cooking time to 20-25 minutes.
This recipe was by Dr.Oetker
Content continues after advertisements