- 150g coconut oil, warmed to liquid
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 limes (reserve 1 tsp of juice for topping)
- 100ml coconut milk
- 75g ground almonds
- 1 large egg
- 125g caster sugar
- 150g self-raising gluten free flour
- Coconut oil spray
- Coconut milk (top of the can)
- 1 lime, zested
- Reserved lime juice
- Scoop out 20g of the thick creamy part of the coconut milk and reserve this for the topping.. Place all the ingredients listed (apart from the “topping” ones) into a bowl and mix using an electric hand mixer until well combined..
- Pre-heat the unit and then spray the plates and tray with coconut oil..
- Spoon batter into the cage until each section is half full. Close the lid and cook for 4-5 mins until springy and clean when a cocktail stick is inserted and removed..
- Remove and cool on a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining batter..
- Mix the reserved juice into the reserved coconut cream..
- Turn the cooled cakes over so they have a crispy top and place a small dollop of the coconut cream on top of each c