Scrumptious mini lemon loaf cakes! Perfect for that time in the afternoon when you need something to go with a delightful cup of tea!
Mini Lemon Loaf Cakes
Preparation time: 25 minutes plus cooling and setting - Cooking time: 25 minutes - Makes: 6
- 100g (3 ½ oz) Baking margarine
- 100g (3 ½ oz) Caster sugar
- 2 Medium eggs, beaten
- Finely grated rind 1 lemon (Amend to Ready Zest once we have confirmed listings)
- 125g (4 ½ oz) Self raising flour
- I sachet (50g) Dr. Oetker Lemon Flavour Drizzle
- 65g (2 ½ oz) Icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan oven, 350°F, gas 4). Lightly grease 6 mini loaf tins. 2. Put all the ingredients except the Dr. Oetker Lemon Flavour Drizzle and decoration ingredients in a bowl. Using an electric mixer, gently blend the ingredients together, then increase the speed and whisk for a further few seconds until thick and creamy. 3. Divide the mixture between the prepared tins, smooth the tops and bake in the oven for 22-25 minutes until risen, lightly golden and just firm to the touch. Cool for 5 minutes then skewer the tops with a cocktail stick several times and gently pour over the Dr. Oetker Lemon Flavour Drizzle, allowing it time in between pours to soak into the cakes. Leave to cool for 10 minutes then turn the loaves on to a wire rack to cool completely. 4. To decorate, sift the icing sugar into a bowl and gradually mix together with approx. 10ml (2 tsp) warm water to make a smooth, spreadable icing. Spread a little icing over each loaf. Leave the icing to set for a few minutes before serving. Your delicious loaf cakes are now ready to serve and enjoy!