White chocolate and raspberry sponge mini cakes recipe from the National Trust
Preparation time 20 minutes. Cooking time 20-30 times. Serves 6. Ingredients
- 175g baking margarine or butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 175g self-raising flour
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground mixed spices
- 50g fresh (but chilled) or frozen raspberries
- 50g white chocolate drops
- 50g icing sugar
- 50g raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 170C (350F) Gas 4.
- Place the margarine or butter and caster sugar into a bowl and mix using the paddle beater attachment on a mixer. On a low speed beat the mix until light and fluffy, scrape down the sides regularly using a spatula.
- Add half the eggs and beat again, scraping down as required to ensure all the mixture is amalgamated.
- Add the remaining eggs and a large spoonful of flour and beat again until the mix is smooth and incorporated.
- Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda and ground mixed spice together and add to the flour and egg? mix. Mix well until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the raspberries and white chocolate. Mix well until incorporated.
- Place muffin cases into a tin and fill each one with the mixture.
- Put into the oven at 170C baking for around 20 – 30 minutes or until risen, golden and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Mix the icing sugar with the raspberry jam and add enough water to make a thin glaze.
- Poke a few holes in the top of the sponges with a skewer and drizzle over the icing.