Quick, easy, colourful and definitely with wow factor, we’ve downsized the chocolate finger sweetie cake into cute miniatures! Kids will love to have an individual cake all of their very own and the cakes also make brilliant party place settings – just write names on labels and attach with the ribbon. Preparation time: 30 mins No baking required Ingredients | Makes 5
- 50g butter, softened
- 75g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 jam Swiss roll
- 2 packs white chocolate fingers
- 175g pack Skittles or any multicoloured sweets
- Cream the butter in a large bowl until very soft. Gradually beat in the icing sugar to form a soft buttercream adding a little milk if it’s too stiff.
- Cut the Swiss roll into five equal slices. Place the slices flat on a chopping board and cover the top and sides of each with buttercream – you may find it easier to cover the sides by holding each slice between your thumb and forefinger to allow easy access all round.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the white chocolate fingers in half widthways to make shorter fingers. Arrange the chocolate fingers around each slice with the cut edge of each finger positioned at the bottom. Press the fingers gently so they stick to the buttercream. Each slice will need approx 18-20 chocolate fingers – check they are upright as you go.
- Wrap a piece of ribbon around the fingers to secure in place and tie in a bow. Scatter sweets over the top of each cake so it is hidden underneath then transfer to individual plates and serve.
Content continues after advertisements