A three milk cake, also known as a tres leches cake, is sponge cake soaked in a delicious syrup topped with whipped cream!This cake by L'Maya is a tasty, moist sponge topped with a yummy vanilla flavoured whipped cream topping.
Tres leches cakeServes 8-10
Ingredients:For the cake:
- 5 free-range eggs, separated
- 230g (8oz) white sugar
- 230g (8oz) self-raising flour
- 2 tsp L’Maya Vanilla Blend
- 397g (14oz) tin of sweetened condensed milk
- 410g (14oz) tin of evaporated milk
- 230g (8oz) milk
- 235ml (8fl oz) double cream
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- ¼ tsp L’Maya vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp L’Maya vanilla powder
- small pinch of L’Maya vanilla kosher sea salt
- caramel or melted chocolate, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Gas Mark 4. Grease and flour a 20x30cm (8x12in) cake tin.
- To make the cake, beat the egg whites in a large mixing bowl, then add the sugar slowly, beating constantly. Add the egg yolks one by one, beating well after each addition. Stir in the 1 tsp of L’Maya vanilla blend. Sift the flour, then stir it into the egg mixture. Pour the mix into the prepared tin.
- Bake the cake for 20 minutes or until done, then allow to cool.
- Blend the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, milk and the tsp of L’Maya vanilla extract together to make a syrup, then pour this over the cooled cake.
- For the topping, beat the double cream with the vanilla extract, vanilla powder and salt until it forms soft peaks.
- Spoon the whipped cream over the cake, then decorate with caramel or melted chocolate. Store the cake in the fridge.
Content continues after advertisements