We can promise you this cake looks as good as it tastes. The chocolate bourbons and hazelnut flavour create the most moreish cheesecake base we've had the pleasure of tasting in a long time!
Chocolate, hazelnut and salted caramel cheesecake
For the Base:
- 300g chocolate bourbons
- 50g hazelnuts
- 110g butter (softened)
For the Filling:
Content continues after advertisements
- 500g cream cheese
- 140g icing sugar
- 250ml double cream
- 300g white chocolate
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
For the decoration:
- Salted caramel sauce
- Whipped cream
- Crumbled chocolate bourbons
- Fudge squares
- Blitz the chocolate bourbons and hazelnuts in a food processor until you achieve a sandy texture. Add the butter and blitz for 10 seconds longer to incorporate.
- Press the base mix onto a bottom of a spring form tin, as evenly as you can, set aside
- Having ensured the cream cheese and butter are at room temperature, combine the two using an electric mixer. Mix in the sieved icing sugar, and finally the cream. Beat for a few minutes on a medium speed, it should be a homogenous mixture.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave and add it to the filling, while mixing. Mix for five to ten minutes, the chocolate should cool down and cause the mix to gain a more solid consistency.
- Pour the filling onto the base and even the top with a spatula, or knife.