For the cheesecake:
- 75g butter
- 250g digestive biscuits, crushed to crumbs
- 2 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- 800g full fat cream cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 800ml double cream
- 75g icing sugar
- 12 lolly sticks
- 600g milk, white, dark or coloured chocolate
- A selection of cake sprinkles
- Place the butter in a large pan set over a low heat and melt gently. Add the digestive crumbs and sugar, mix well then remove from the heat. Firmly and evenly press the mixture into the base of the cake tin then refrigerate to set.
- Meanwhile, place the cream cheese in a large bowl, add the lemon zest and vanilla extract and mix well until mixture becomes slightly looser. Pour the cream into a separate bowl, sift in the icing sugar and mix well until almost the same consistency as the cream cheese.
- Add the cream to the cheese mixture and mix gently until just combined. Turn onto the biscuit base, smooth the top, cover the cake tin with clingfilm and refrigerate for approx. 2 hours or until firm.
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper. Remove the cheesecake from the fridge and cut into 12 wedges. Insert a lolly stick into the wide end of each wedge, place on the trays and leave in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Break the chocolate into heatproof bowls and melt over a pan of simmering water (do not let the base of the bowls touch the water). Working quickly, dip each wedge into the chocolate, ensuring it is evenly coated all over. Place biscuit base-side down on wire racks, and leave to set. Partially dip in melted chocolate again, if required, to create the layered effect, decorate with cake sprinkles and leave on the wire rack to set. Can be stored in the freezer and defrosted before serving.