Lemon Cheesecake – Recipe from Baking Mad
Prep: 4 Hours – Serves: 8 – Skill Level: Easy
For the base • 200g Gingernut biscuits • 80g Butter (unsalted) • 25g Unrefined molasses sugar (we use Billington's) For the topping • 500g Mascarpone cheese • 2 Lemon(s) zest and juice • 140g Unrefined golden icing sugar sifted (we use Billington's) To decorate • 3 Lemon(s) thinly sliced
- Grease a 20cm spring form cake tin and line with non-stick baking parchment.
- In a small pan gently melt together the butter and Molasses sugar until all of the sugar has dissolved. Crush the biscuits and add to the melted butter. Stir together until completely coated.
- Press the biscuit mix firmly into the base of the prepared tin using the back of a spoon until smooth and level. Chill whilst making the cheesecake topping.
- For the topping, mix together the Mascarpone cheese, sifted icing sugar, lemon zest and juice. Mix just until combined and smooth. Spoon onto the biscuit base and level the top before placing in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours to set.
- When ready to serve remove the cheesecake from the tin and decorate with the sliced lemon and a light dusting of icing sugar.