With all the flavours of the classic summer cocktail, this Pimm's cheesecake is perfect as an al fresco grown up treat!
Serves 8-10 | Preparation time 35 mins plus chilling | No baking required
For the base:
- 275g digestive biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
For the filling:
- Grated zest and juice of 4 medium lemons
- 30g corn flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 500g ricotta cheese
- 284ml double cream
For the Pimm's and strawberry drizzle:
- 200g strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 30g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp Pimms
- Strawberries, sliced plus a couple of whole ones
- A couple of mint leaves
- A few thin slices of cucumber
- A few thin slices of orange
- A few thin slices of lemon
- Grease the base and sides of a 20cm loose bottomed cake tin. For the base, crush the digestive biscuits into fine crumbs using either a food processor or by placing the biscuits in a zip lock bag and crushing with a rolling pin.
- Transfer the biscuit crumbs into a large bowl, pour in the melted butter and stir until fully combined. Tip the biscuit mixture into the prepared tin and press down evenly with the back of spoon. Chill in the fridge while you make the filling.
- For the filling, place the lemon zest and juice in a large saucepan then stir in the corn flour and sugar. Place over a medium heat whisking continuously. Continue whisking until the mixture thickens and resembles a stiff paste then remove from the heat and allow to cool for approx 10 mins.
- Add the ricotta to the cooled mixture and beat with a wooden spoon. In a separate bowl whisk the double cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the cream into the ricotta mixture until fully combined. Spoon the mixture on top of the biscuit base and level the top. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- For the drizzle, place the strawberries, sugar and Pimms in a saucepan over a medium heat, stirring occasionally. Bring to a gentle simmer and remove from the heat when the strawberries are soft and mushy.
- Allow the mixture to cool, then place in a food processor and blitz to a purée. Transfer to a jug and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- To serve, decorate the cheesecake with strawberries, a couple of mint leaves and slices of cucumber, orange and lemon. Don’t forget the jug of drizzle and of course a glass of Pimms!
* Vary the base by using different biscuits such as shortbread or ginger nuts.