This creamy apple rice pudding recipe with a tropical twist is taken to new heights with the unmistakeable crunch of Pink Lady® apple slices. This healthy recipe is low in sugar and fat, and it’s sure to be a new favourite!
Coconut & apple rice pudding
Creamy low fat comfort food for a satisfying tasty dessert! This rice pudding is the perfect winter partner.
Brought to you by Pink Lady Apples
Content continues after advertisements
- 125g (4½ oz) Thai sticky rice or pudding rice
- 600ml (1pt) unsweetened coconut milk drink
- ½ x 400g (14oz) can of light coconut milk
- 6 cardamom pods, seeds only, crushed or ½tsp ground ginger or allspice
- ½tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp granulated sweetener
- 3 medium Pink Lady® apples
- 2tbsp (10g) toasted coconut flakes
Place the rice, milk drink, coconut milk, spice, vanilla and sweetener in a saucepan.
Core and finely chop 1 apple and add to the pan. Bring to a simmer, stirring, then leave over a low heat for 35-40 minutes until the rice is tender. Cool and chill if making ahead, or spoon into serving dishes immediately.
To serve, core and chop the remaining apples. Sprinkle over the pudding and top with the toasted coconut.
Last updated 21 days ago